At Mount Hope Christian Academy, we are dedicated to nurturing the leaders and innovators of tomorrow. Our primary goal is to provide our learners with a strong foundation in all areas of development, equipping them for their educational journey and beyond.
Mount Hope Christian Academy uses a variety of instructional curriculum and materials, including Abeka and Steamin3 programs, to meet and exceed the Early Learning Developmental Standards (ELDS). All lessons will be Christ-centered and include biblical integration.
The key areas of focus in our program are:
- Language and Literacy: We emphasize language development, including phonics, reading, writing, and communication skills. Our learners engage in activities that foster language fluency and effective communication.
- Math: We introduce foundational math concepts and skills to promote numeracy and problem-solving abilities. Our students develop a solid understanding of mathematical principles through hands-on experiences and interactive lessons.
- Gross and Fine Motor Skills: We recognize the importance of physical development and offer activities that enhance both gross motor skills (large muscle movements) and fine motor skills (small muscle movements). These activities contribute to the overall growth and coordination of our learners.
- Creativity Development: We encourage our students to express their creativity through various art forms, music, and imaginative play. This fosters their self-expression, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Social Emotional: We prioritize the social and emotional development of our learners. Through intentional activities and guidance, we help them develop empathy, self-awareness, self-regulation, and positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Biblical Principles: We integrate biblical teachings throughout our curriculum, helping our learners develop a strong moral compass, character, and faith foundation. Our students are encouraged to apply biblical principles in their daily lives.
Our academic instruction aligns with Virginia's Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS), ensuring that our students meet age-appropriate benchmarks.
We have a brand new Learning Center called the HOPE room (Hands on, Observe, Play, and Explore room). The activities in the room engage our scholars and foster their curiosity and love for learning.